IP CONVERGENCE & IMS
TECHNOLOGY FOR BUSINESS
Printer-friendly PDF version
As communications networks converge around the Internet Protocol (IP), devices continue to expand their capabilities, wireless networks are becoming faster and more sophisticated, and newer services such as instant messaging and collaboration are added to traditional service portfolios such and voice and email communications. Unified Communications and Collaboration, or UCC, seeks to bind some of these elements together to create a communications ecosystem that is more convenient, simpler to operate, easier to manage, and allows enterprises to be more productive. This seminar provides an introduction to the world of UCC and its components and strategies, and discusses the benefits and challenges of UCC as a whole.
After completing this seminar, the student will be able to:
• Clearly define Unified Communications and Collaborations (UCC)
• List several services that typically fall under the UCC umbrella and describe their operation at a high level
• Sketch a general UCC architecture, and describe the function of the UCC Engine, Mobility Servers, and Presence
• Describe the approaches available to an enterprise interested in UCC, and how the competitive landscape is changing
• Explain how existing UCC solutions can be extended through mobility
This course is intended for those in less-technical roles with a desire to understand the world of Unified Communications at a high level.
Course Outlines / Knowledge Knuggets
- Perspectives on UCC
- Trends in collaboration
- Why now?
- UCC defined
- Benefits of UCC
- Components of a UCC solution
- UCC approaches for the enterprise
------------------------------------WHY CUSTOMERS LOVE OUR ELEARNING:
- Self-paced, animated, and interactive- $150/each course for 6 month license- Immediate online access upon purchase- Flexible way to take training at any hour- Online training transcript available